A 65 year old, grandma of four, mother of three, daughter of two and wife of one. I'm also a writer, botanist, teacher and volunteer.
Tuesday, September 02, 2008
"Brilliant Weblog Award".
Usha has a way of placing high hopes on me and has decided to give me the "Brilliant Weblog Award". this is given to sites and blogs that are smart and brilliant both in their content and their design. I feel puffed up and let me tell you that I've gained 2 kgs by weight and 4" by height at least in my mind. Alas if only the height part had been possible!!
The rules are:
1. When you receive the prize you must write a post showing it,together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back
2. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs (or even more) that you find brilliant in their content or design.
3. Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing they were prized with ‘Brilliant Weblog’
4. Show a picture of those who awarded you and those you give the prize
5. And pass it on!
Now I need to pass this award to bloggers of my choice who I consider brilliant.
So I pass on this award to-
1. Tys on ice who makes his readers laugh first and think later.
2. Madhumita for being the brilliant wife who takes on Tys.
3. Vishesh for the lovely poetry he writes.
4. Renu who can switch topics and make each one interesting.
5. Alapana for simply being herself-self assured and matured with a brilliant taste for music.
6. Srijith who made me change my opinion on men being an insensitive lot.
7. Finally Lalitha of starry nights whose posts never cease to amaze me.
These are bloggers who have bonded with me like family.There are others too and each of them have impressed for the brilliance of their posts. Some have already been awarded and the rest are bound to be identified soon.
Posted by Hip Grandma at 7:12 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Loved the warm way you have accepted the award.
Thanks for giving the insight into many new blogs. Taking the links from your blog would mean reading more blogs of your level.
wow! you are the 4th person to give this to me :D
iam honoured ma'am....its funny...iam alone and all i can think abt rite now is that there are people out there getting killed for not following the path to reach the same goal....everything seems so difficult,..sometimes i feel so damn helpless...ahimsa , prema, dharma...thts wht i thought it was all abt...so damn disappointed...honest to god, i wudnt mind if we r destroyed as a species...few dont count...its the majority tht identifies us....
u r a teacher...iam seeking...i drown it sometimes...so fed up...cant help feeling though...sometimes i feel tht nobody is actually listening...to themselves..
i belive in signs...this is the second time i got this award on the same day...pls pray that i have the courage to say wht i want to ...and the wisdom not to cry every night...
u r rite...mads is handling a lot..she just have to...one life ma'am..iam not even finished...iam thankful for her...i hope she understands in the end
I am really humbled and honored.thank you, I cannot believe I have been given this award.
Great - now I have a face to the handle - I needn't wait for that visit to Bangalore !Good ,P
I am really honored with this award, given to me by an accomplished person and among so many expert younsters, I am very happy:)
Congratulations HHG.. a well deserved award for sure!!
You have an award also waiting for you on my blog.
congrats on te well deserved award.....
and finally a face to the posts ...:)
HHG , congrats on the well deserved award and have a great teacher's day :)
Thanks a lot, HHG'ma It's a pleasure and hugely satisfying, when people like you appreciate the little writing that I do.
Congrats to all, and eager to read all the other blogs too. Thanks once again
Have Fun & Take Care
Thanks a million for your responses.Lalitha I checked out your blog.Thanks for your award.I'll pass it on soon.
Thank you, More so for the way you describe me as a person,Its an honor.
Post a Comment