Monday, September 25, 2006

I've been tagged by Suemamma
Here are my answers to the questions:

1.Are you happy/satisfied with your blog with it's content and look?Does your family know about your blog?

Yes I am quite happy with my the content of my blog.I leave it to you to judge its looks. My daughter was the one to introduce me to the blog world and my family knows about it.

2.Do you feel embarrassed to let your friends know about your blog or you just consider it as a private thing?

I have no embarassment about anyone reading my blog. My close friends already know of most things that I write.

3.Did blogs cause positive changes in your thoughts?

I got to know a lot by reading the opinion of my blog readers thro’ their comments. I really enjoy them and feel good. Positive changes automatically follow.

4.Do you only open the blogs of those who comment on your blog or you love to go and discover more by yourself?

I read the blogs of those who comment. The visitor directs me to other good blog posts.Right now I am busy.Once I return to India in October I’ll try and discover more blogs on my own.

5.What does visitors counter mean to you? Do you care about putting it in your blog?

Oh yes. I have a site meter and I do look it up.It gives me an idea of the many people who visit my site.

6.Did you try to imagine your fellow bloggers and give them real pictures?

I have a mental picture of my fellow bloggers based on the stuff they write. It is more to do with their mind than looks.

7.Admit. Do you think there is a real benefit for blogging?

I find blogging very beneficial. It allows you to be yourself..

8.Do you think that bloggers society is isolated from real world or interacts with events?

The bloggers society is an interaction of like minded people. Experiences are exchanged and opinions generated. One learns a lot in the process.

9.Does criticism annoy you or do you feel it's a normal thing?

Healthy criticism is okay. I don’t think I’d worry too much about malicious criticism.That is also part of life.

10.Do you fear some political blogs and avoid them?

Politics does not interest me very much. I may not deliberately avoid them.But I wouldn’t be too interested in going through them. Nor would I want to comment.

11.Did you get shocked by the arrest of some bloggers?

I did not know about such arrests and would like to know the reasons. I would like to take it as a warning.

12.Did you think about what will happen to your blog after you die?

Death is a certainity. In fact it is the only thing that is common to all people.I don’t think I’d worry too much about it. I would rather enjoy what life has to offer.

13.What do you like to hear? What's the song you might like to put a link to in your blog?

There was a song
Courage brother,Do not stumble
Though thy path be dark as night,
Turn from man and look above thee,

Trust in God and do the right.'


I’d like to put a link to the song in my blog.It would really lift my spirits up!

About more people to tag, I don't know.
I'll tag Passerby55 and Usha I guess if they are willing.

23 comments:

The Inquisitive Akka said...

Nice one!

Has to be me said...

Cool tag! nice 2 note the same.

mommyof2 said...

yup, cool tag:-)

The Visitor said...

G'ma! Wow! Thanks for mentioning the visitor :)

Usha said...

I concur with most of your responses and yes, will gladly do the tag.

passerby55 said...

i knew most of ur answers here.
with you preeta it is like one way entry only.

will take up the tag.....thankyou

btw, Suemamma never read her.

Keshi said...

Nice answers.

**Do you feel embarrassed to let your friends know about your blog or you just consider it as a private thing?

I dun u'stand why a tag would even have such a Qn..cos why would anyone be embarassed by their own blogs? LOL!

Keshi.

Hip Grandma said...

IQA:Thanks glad you liked my response..

has to be me:glad you liked it.

mommyof2:Thanks a lot.

the visitor;How could I not mention you?you do us a great service.I should have also mentioned balaji.i always try to check the links he mentions in his posts.

usha:your was the first blog I visited and saw so much of myself in you.Now I see that how right I was.

passerby55:I knew I was transparent but I didn't know that I was this bad! Just joking.Suemamma and hillg'mom are the same I guess.this is the name she assumes in her family blog.hillg'mom correct me if I am wrong.

keshi:may be if someone wanted to say things that they may not normally say or those that they may not want to be connected to them,they may prefer to keep it private.It depends on the kind of family they belong to.

Itchingtowrite said...

liked this one a lot-
The bloggers society is an interaction of like minded people. Experiences are exchanged and opinions generated. One learns a lot in the process.

Artnavy said...

I loved the answer to question 6
....a mental picture... of the mind....

DO WRITE A POST ON THIS

MJ said...

Hi nice post as usual....n do pass it on to someone who can do justice to it...:)

hillgrandmom said...

Yeah hip grandma , you're right. both suemamma & hillgrandmom is me!
Good answers.

starry said...

Beautiful answers to the tag.really honest. I like the words to the song.Thank you for those encouraging words you left on my blog.

starry said...

Beautiful answers to the tag.really honest. I like the words to the song.Thank you for those encouraging words you left on my blog.

Hip Grandma said...

hillg'mom:I guessed so.Does your mom write in English?

Lalitha:Thanks.The song was a favorite during my school days.

Hip Grandma said...

ITW:That is the benefit of blogging.

artnavy:Should I try?It may be interesting.

mj:May be I'll do it.

The Visitor said...

G'ma - Feminism, is something which seems quite complex. I've been reading some material on it - you'd have seen the links on my blog. Molly has given quite elaborate answers. While I agree to a large part of what is considered as feminism, there are some parts to which I am not in agreement. Is this because of a cultural bias, that I have, and should I reid myself of this bias? or should feminism itself be interpreted keeping in mind the cultural context? Can you give your opinion on this vis-a-vis the description of feminism given by Molly?
PS: I am taking too much liberty with you asking you to do this - so do it only if you find it interesting and you have the time.

Kalpana said...

A cool tag...

Hip Grandma said...

the visitor:i've just glanced through Molly's responses on feminism.Will post something after going thro' it in more detail.Feminism is a complex issue and no view can address all aspects.But will give it a try.

kalpana:thanx.

Anonymous said...

Hello aunty,Susmita here,I have read almost all your posts ,in total admiration and awe.very nice...:))))

Monika said...

nice tag and such from the heart responses... enjoyed reading it

srijithunni said...

A great tag, Hip Grandma.. Very responsibly answered.
I know you`ve been doing a lot of tags, but couldn`t resist tagging you, after all I`m just returning a favour ;-)
I`ve tagged you.. Hope you get to do it, if you haven`t already done it i.e.

With Best Regards,
Srijith Unni.

Hip Grandma said...

susmita:You liked them??Well my pleasure.

monika:thanks.glad you liked it.

srijithThanks srijith.I'll gladly take up your tag.